Hello Villagers! With four kids and a crazy schedule, I am always on the lookout for easy breakfast options. Breakfast is such an important meal to fuel both myself and my children before school. I adore these mini breakfast quiche. They are the perfect size for tiny hands and kiddos will gobble them up. They do take a little work on the front end, but can be made in large batches and frozen for later.
I’m posting a simple ham and cheese version of these breakfast quiche, but you can really throw in any meat or vegetables that you like. Begin your prep by sprinkling a little flour onto the surface you will be working on. Roll out your pre-prepared pie crust. Now, some of you may have a fantastic homemade pie crust that you’d like to use and I say go for it! I however, love the pre-made pie crust that you can find in the store. My grandmother also uses it and if it’s good enough for her, then it’s good enough for me!
Using a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter, cut 24 circles out of the pie crust. If you just remembered that your biscuit cutter was converted to an egg-shaped cookie cutter last Easter, then rummage through your drink-ware cabinets to find a glass or plastic cup that is close to that size. Many of the smaller kid cups will work. Once you have your circles, press each circle into an individual hole of a mini muffin pan.
Next, add a little of the ham to each of the holes. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the ham.
Mix together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into each of the muffin tin holes.
If you plan to eat the breakfast quiche right away, bake them in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. If you are freezing them for later, wrap the pan with plastic wrap and freeze. Once frozen you can pop them out of the pan and store them in the freezer using a freezer-safe tupperware container or a ziplock bag. When you are ready to cook your frozen quiche, place them on a sheet pan and bake from frozen in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
Mini Ham and Cheese Breakfast Quiche
- 15 oz Pre-made pie crust Allow it to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- 4 each Large eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 4 oz Diced ham
- 1 cup Shredded Colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350o.
- Using a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter, cut 24 circles out of the pre-made pie crust. Press each circle into a separate hole of a greased mini-muffin pan.
- Add a little of the diced ham into each hole.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the ham.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into each of the muffin tin holes.
- If baking immediately, bake for 30 minutes. Allow quiche to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- If freezing for later, cover the muffin pan with plastic wrap and place in the freezer. Once frozen, the quiche can be popped out and stored in freezer safe tupper ware container or a freezer zip lock bag. Quiche can be baked from frozen for 35-40 minutes.