Foods that Help me Grow: Dairy
Dairy foods include milk and foods that are made from milk. Dairy foods contain vitamin D and the mineral calcium, which are important in bone growth and development in children. Dairy foods also contain important fat and protein needed for development.
- Dairy foods include milk and foods made from milk.
- The milk we drink mostly comes from cows.
- Dairy foods help my bones grow and become strong.
This lesson includes:
- Recommended book and materials list
- Lesson overview:
- Background information for teachers
- Lesson objectives
- Circle time discussion points and questions
- Follow-up lesson questions
- Circle time cards – 5 discussion picture cards with real-life images that will help teachers discuss key lesson objectives with students
- Activity song (lyrics are sung to a popular tune) – D-A-I-R-Y
- Two group activities with book recommendations and necessary printables.
- Milk Makers
- Making Butter in a Jar
- Two individual activities with book recommendations and necessary printables.
- Arm X-Rays
- Cheesy Shapes Snack
- Two movement activities
- Skeleton Dance
- Bone Building Moves
- Family Take-Home Sheet