Foods that Help me Grow: Fruit
Lesson 3 will discuss the different characteristics of fruits, give children opportunities for exploration, and help them understand why they are needed in the diet in order for their body to grow.
- Fruits come in all different shapes, colors, and sizes.
- I need to eat different colored fruits to help me grow and stay strong.
- I can take bites of different fruits.
This lesson includes:
- Recommended book and materials list
- Lesson overview:
- Background information for teachers
- Lesson objectives
- Circle time discussion points and questions
- Follow-up lesson questions
- Circle time cards – 5 discussion picture cards with real-life images that will help teachers discuss key lesson objectives with students
- Activity song (lyrics are sung to a popular tune) – Fruits are Very Good For Me
- Three group activities with book recommendations and necessary printables
- Build a Class Rainbow
- Read and Sing with Pete the Cat
- Charting Our Favorite Fruits
- One individual activity with book recommendations and necessary printables
- Ten Apples Up On Our Tree
- Two movement activities
- Red Apple, Green Apple
- Hunting for Fruit
- Family Take-Home Sheet