How Can I Be Healthy?
Lesson 10 reminds children of what it means to be healthy and the things that they can do every day to be healthy.
- Being healthy helps my body grow and be strong.
- To be healthy, I need to eat when I’m hungry, be active, and get good sleep.
- When picking foods, I need to choose foods from each food group.
- I can try new healthy foods.
This lesson includes:
- Recommended book and materials list
- Lesson overview:
- Background information for teachers
- Lesson objectives
- Circle time discussion points and questions
- Follow-up lesson questions
- Circle time cards – 5 discussion picture cards with real-life images that will help teachers discuss key lesson objectives with students
- Activity song (lyrics are sung to a popular tune) – If You’re Healthy and You Know it
- Three group activities with book recommendations and necessary printables.
- Food Model Sort
- I Can Try New Foods
- Nap time stretches
- One individual activity with book recommendation and necessary printables.
- Healthy Me Book
- Two movement activities
- Activity Wheel
- Balloon Tennis
- Family Take-Home Sheet