Hello Villagers. This chicken tortellini soup has become one of my favorite comfort foods. The broth base and loads of vegetables keep it light, while the chicken and tortellini help keep me full. This soup is a must for our surprisingly chilly Texas winter this year.
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken, cut into cubes
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 19 oz cheese tortellini
- Optional: shredded parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients except the peas and tortellini into 7-qt crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- If cooking for a longer time frame, I recommend using chicken thighs. These have more fat than chicken breast and are less likely to dry out.
- During the last 15-20 minutes of cooking, add the peas and tortellini.
- Remove the two bay leaves.
- Optional: Top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
[…] Chicken Tortellini Soup includes chopped carrots and plenty of other vegetables to warm you on a cold night. Our Sausage […]