Picky eating is a common mealtime struggle for both parents and caregivers. The development of picky eating behavior can occur due to a variety of factors including food neophobia, increased childhood independence, and much more. Unfortunately, extreme picky eaters can make mealtimes difficult for those serving the meals and family and children eating with them.
This course will guide early childhood educators through the common causes of picky eating and discuss multiple solutions that can help make mealtimes more peaceful.
Successful participants of this course will be able to:
- State at least three potential causes related to picky eating behavior.
- List at least 2 mealtime solutions to help manage picky eaters.
- List at least 2 classroom solutions to help manage picky eaters
Clock hours: 1.0 clock hour Course Cost: $8 USD
This training is approved by:
- The State of Texas according to §746.1317 of the Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers
- Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services Division of Child Development and Early Education
Upcoming Live Webinar
Date: Thursday, October 14, 2021
Time Options: 2:00 pm CST (3:00 EST) or 6:30 pm CST (7:30 EST)
This training is available On-Demand.
On-demand trainings allow educators to complete courses at their own pace. Once enrolled, you will have up to 1 year to complete the training.